Friday, September 24, 2010

Little Corner of Mine: Healthy Baked Donuts

Little Corner of Mine: Healthy Baked Donuts: "here"

Even after I got off the scale this morning and finished cheering for the lower number it displayed, I had a craving for a really good donut. I'm thankful that Long's bakery doesn't have a drive-thru because I would have to go over there every morning and get some fresh donuts. But since it's too much of a hassle to get two kids out of the truck and into a store just to buy a couple of donuts, I don't go. And then I ask this question (not aloud of course, but secretly wanting to scream it): Why do I have to choose between losing weight and eating donuts? Can someone invent a diet where I can eat donuts and lose weight? Now that person would be rich!

So I did what every person does when they have a question they just have to know the answer to right away. I opened up Google. And low and behold, lots of people are trying to reinvent this amazing food into a healthier yet equally yummy treat. I found this recipe and it looks wonderful. I'm already imagining all the different toppings I could try with it, and am definitely wondering how it would fare with whole wheat flour. And I'm really wanting to know where to buy a donut pan! I love to bake, and I didn't even know that such a thing existed! I cannot wait to try this recipe. I'm hoping I can use it as a little reward for many more mornings of lower numbers on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment